We recognize that most kids form their entire idea of who God is and choose whether or not they’ll have a relationship with Christ before leaving the 5th grade.
Sundays are so important to us at Five Stones. Our mission in Family Ministry is to partner with parents to leverage their influence for the next generation to know God and take their next step with Him. There are three core truths we want every child to know
· I can trust God no matter what.
· I need to make the wise choice.
· I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
So how can we do that? We can do that together by showing kids:
· The Bible is the source of all wisdom and truth.
· What they learn from the Bible applies to their daily lives.
· Relationships with small group leaders and friends matter.
First Step is a three week, interactive class offered several times a year at Five Stones. The class is designed to partner with parents and help kids understand the most important decision they will ever make: choosing to follow Jesus.
The Bible isn’t clear on when every child is ready to make that decision, but it is clear that Jesus desires all children to come to know Him. Regardless of age, the Gospel is the same.
If your child has already taken the first step of trusting Jesus as Savior, this class is for you! If your child has questions about what it means to follow Jesus, this class is for you! This class is also a prerequisite to Baptism.