A Lifestyle of Community…because at Five Stones, we believe community happens in circles, not in rows.
WE ARE DESIGNED FOR COMMUNITY, WITH GOD AND WITH EACH OTHER.
In times such as this, we need each other more than ever, for community and connection. Join us as we Share Life together.
Fall 2020 Life Groups. . .
When you are going thru a storm it is important to know that you have an anchor that will hold.
The Apostle’s Creed contains essential Christian doctrines that we should anchor our lives to. The lines of the creed convey the essence of what we confess and believe as the body of Christ at Five Stones Church. The creed helps us understand who God is. The Christian life isn’t about our opinions or the latest cultural trends; it’s about God. In fact, WHAT you believe about God is the most important thing in your life. The creed also equips you personally and publicly to announce to your community whom we belong to and whom we serve. Join us this fall as we walk thru what WE BELIEVE.
Sharing Life is a core value of Five Stones as we encourage people to take their next step with God.
We want groups to share life by:
- Creating Authenticity: We don’t want your group to meet out of routine. Our desire is to create groups founded on honesty, vulnerability, and trust.
- Creating Connection: We want to offer a variety of group types so that all people are engaged in every phase of life.
- Facilitate Fun: We want groups to try having a meal or doing something outside of meeting in a circle weekly. Fun builds trust in relationships over time.
- Make a Difference: We hope you’ll look for ways to serve together in our local church and in the community as well as care for one another.
- Grow: We hope you’ll seek growth in your own spiritual walk as well as those you can engage around you.
A Life Group is a group of approximately 14-16 people that will meet once a week to share life together. Life Groups are a short-term way to experience life with other people from church. We know it can be uncomfortable (and even scary!) to meet new people, so you can expect that we won’t ask you to do “anything weird.” We try to make the experience as comfortable as possible…that means there will be an easy exit ramp also – you’ll have the opportunity to join a group but aren’t committed to meet with the same people beyond the session length (but we anticipate that you will have so much fun that you’ll hate to see it end.)
We offer groups for people in all phases of life such as:
- Young professionals
- Young marrieds
- Family groups
- Single parent groups
- Older teen groups
- Empty Nester groups
We want to help you find a great fit and begin to plug-in to our church in this way.